CRE’s Full-Service Nonprofit Executive Search Practice
CRE provides customized search consultation for senior management positions in nonprofit organizations. Our protocol results in the optimal person-job match using:
A Strategic Assessment Process
- Ensures that the stakeholders are on the same page
- Presents the challenges facing the position and the organization
- Clarifies critical criteria for success in the position
- Articulates criteria in behavioral and demonstrable language
An Affordable and Targeted Recruiting System
- We propose the most viable job posting sites that match the client’s budget.
- We target the most relevant professional and affiliation organizations to yield appropriate candidates.
- We provide customized materials for the organization’s outreach strategy.
- Because we honor our capacity building responsibility towards our clients, we do not tap resources of current and past clients. However, we have access to a wide nonprofit network which serves as a viable sourcing pool.
A Quality Vetting Methodology
- Using the criteria from the Strategic Assessment Process, resumes are screened and categorized into three tiers – Tier 1 (Recommended for Phone Screen), Tier 2 (Back-up), tier 3 (No Match)
- Phone interviews resulting in a short list of candidates for personal interviews
- Verification Services – Employment and Education
A Professional and Nonprofit Sector Perspective in the Interview Process
- We bring to bear CRE’s deep and intensive experience with NYC nonprofits
- We prepare the client for an effective interview focusing on demonstrable accomplishments, culture fit, and critical competencies
- We customize interview protocols and evaluation forms for the client.
A Leadership Transition Lens
- We integrate leadership transition issues in our search consultation.
- We provide additional post-hire leadership transition consulting.
Clients can purchase our full range of search services or the only the parts for which they need our assistance.
Click here for the story of a successful search for a nonprofit that works city-wide with the families of children with special needs.
Looking for a job? Check out our current job postings.
Executive Search Process (18 KB)
Compare CRE’s robust Executive Search process to our competitor’s.
« Go Back