For forty-one years, CRE has prepared leaders and strengthened organizations to drive social change. As a nonprofit consulting firm, we provide the strategies and tools needed to build equitable and sustainable, high-performing organizations, working with 500 organizations each year.
As we prepare for the next phase of our strategic growth and an upcoming CEO transition, we seek a dynamic Executive Assistant who will support the President & CEO (both the current and incoming CEO, as well as any interim leadership) and coordinate with our committed, experienced staff. This is an exciting opportunity for an exceptional individual to work in partnership with CRE’s leadership to fuel and support our growth. The ideal candidate will have a deep commitment to the social sector and alignment with CRE’s mission of strengthening organizations to reduce poverty, promote equity, and increase opportunity.
Critically, the ideal candidate also will exemplify and promote CRE’s values, including our deepening commitment to racial equity and to dismantling anti-Blackness:
- Collaboration:We are smarter and more creative when we work together (and it’s more fun too).
- Diversity, Equity + Inclusion: We believe that true impact can only be achieved when we lift up diverse voices that have not always been heard.
- Accountability + Excellence:We promise excellence in all that we do and hold ourselves accountable to the community, the people we serve, and each other.
- Reflective Practice: We appreciate the big questions, tough discussions, and unexpected answers.
- Power of Change: We believe that change is always possible and unleashes opportunity and the potential for creative solutions that improve communities.
- Courage: We embrace bold ideas and risks that allow us to partner with clients as they overcome challenges and move toward change.
ABOUT OUR TEAM
Our team of 30 program/consulting and operations staff comprise dynamic, diverse, mission-aligned thought-partners, deeply invested in advancing social change. We co-create, transform, and challenge organizations to be their best. We value our people, the journey, and the promise of change. We believe all communities are rich in ideas, capacity, and care. We believe in love—love for our work, our clients, ourselves, and for each other. We lead with an unapologetic commitment to equity, especially in times of stress and uncertainty. For more, see our staff page,https://crenyc.org/about-us/our-team/.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Executive Assistant is a motivated, thoughtful and organized professional with excellent writing, collaboration and communication skills. Deeply inspired by CRE’s mission, values and commitment as an anti-racist organization, the Executive Assistant will provide a high level of organizational and administrative support to the President & CEO, CRE’s Board of Directors, as well as CRE’s Management Team as needed.
As the representative of the President & CEO to internal and external partners – including current and prospective clients, members of the press, CRE’s staff, and the Board – this person will have boundless energy and the ability to focus on details while prioritizing and completing multiple tasks in a skillful and timely fashion. The Executive Assistant must be proactive and take initiative in identifying problems and devising solutions, and have the flexibility and resilience to help implement those solutions with a strong sense of judgment, discretion, and tact.
This role requires substantial administrative duties, making strong organizational skills and attention to detail essential. In every aspect of their role, the Executive Assistant will demonstrate sensitivity in presenting a racial equity lens, and be committed to proactively engaging in learning, conversation, and reflection around race, equity, and cultural competence. This position reports directly to the President & CEO.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Administrative Support to the President & CEO
- Serve as point person for the President & CEO, including managing all internal and external requests, questions, and materials in and out of the Executive Office
- Receive and screen all incoming communications and/or visitors (if/when CRE returns to a physical office) to the President & CEO’s office and ensure appropriate follow-up
- Manage the President & CEO’s relationships with current and prospective clients and interface with CRE’s administrative and fiscal systems
- Perform all necessary administrative support to the Executive Office, including preparing expense reports, logging time, and filing key documents
- Manage and improve systems and processes on a proactive basis to enable the President & CEO to work more efficiently and productively
- Manage the President & CEO’s busy calendar, schedule and prioritize appointments, and make travel arrangements as needed
- Manage and prioritize the President & CEO’s to-do list, including monitoring deliverables and deadlines
- Organize all meetings and relevant materials for the President & CEO, Management Team, and Board of Directors
- Take minutes at meetings, prepare and distribute summary action reports, and monitor follow-up as needed with relevant stakeholders
- In the President & CEO’s absence, monitor all communications and forward to the designated second-in-command as needed
- Provide insights on organizational support and be prepared to work with all CRE staff to implement organization-wide initiatives
- Draft, proofread, and edit materials for distribution on behalf of President & CEO
- Organize and maintain files for the President & CEO and organization
Coordination and support for CRE Board of Directors
- Coordinate and prepare reports and materials for all Board of Directors activities, including quarterly meetings and all committee meetings
- Serve as the liaison for all Board of Directors communications and provide other administrative support related to CRE’s Board as needed
Additional contributions to CRE
- Organize CRE staff meetings and special events (e.g., staff retreats, leadership meetings), selecting venues, working with vendors, scheduling meetings, and preparing materials
- As needed, provide back-up support for other CRE administrative functions (e.g., CRE’s reception desk/phone line)
- Lead/execute additional projects as needed, including helping to coordinate a potential office move if CRE were to vacate its current space, and supporting external events when needed
Qualifications and Experience
- Experience providing administrative support in a dynamic, high-energy, collaborative, environment
- Ability, or a strong commitment to learn how, to approach all aspects of functional duties with an anti-racist lens
- Exceptionally organized, detail-oriented and able to manage multiple tasks and prioritize as necessary
- Flexible work style with the ability to manage tight deadlines and shifting priorities
- Strong research and analysis skills
- High level of professionalism with attention to maintaining sensitive and confidential information
- Track record of demonstrating sound judgment by making appropriate decisions, exercising discretion, and knowing when to take initiative
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel and PowerPoint
- Commitment to high-quality work, productivity, and self-development
- Strong writing, proofreading, and communication skills
- Flexible and able to work effectively in a dynamic environment
- A team player; collaborative; able to build interpersonal relationships across departments
- Ability to exercise good judgment, take initiative, and make recommendations in resolving problems
- Committed and open to learning; open to asking for and giving feedback
HOW TO APPLY
For consideration, please send your resume and cover letter that explains clearly your fit for this role/CRE and the value you will add; your ability to uphold a strong racial equity lens in all aspects of your work; and your alignment with CRE values to email@example.com and indicate “Executive Assistant” in the subject line.
CRE is an equal opportunity employer and complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act.