The CRE Rising Fund was developed out of CRE’s mission to serve nonprofit organizations that have deep roots in their communities and are working to fight poverty and advance opportunity.
Through the CRE Rising Fund, expert CRE consultants partner with small nonprofits to complete no-cost consulting engagements. This program enables CRE to partner with nonprofits and community-based organizations that do not otherwise have access to our consulting, coaching, and training services. These projects help the selected nonprofits further meet the needs of their target populations. Awardees are selected through a short application process. To apply, organizations are asked to define a specific project that they would like CRE’s assistance with.
The 2022 CRE Rising Fund aims to assist small nonprofit organizations that are working to improve the lives of the diverse people and communities in New York City. We believe that the best way to prepare for potential legislative, funding, and structural changes is to plan, prepare, and pivot programs so that together, we are able to create stronger, healthier organizations that are able to withstand challenges as they arise.
As the nation continues to grapple with change and uncertainty, our city’s nonprofit sector is hard at work continuing to provide services to the city’s most vulnerable populations. CRE believes that our clients – representing distinctly diverse populations from all ethnicities, religions, and socioeconomic backgrounds – provide unique and valuable perspectives that make our city and nation a better and stronger place to live.
Through the CRE Rising Fund, expert CRE consultants partner with small nonprofits to complete no-cost, three- month long consulting engagements (valued at $16,250) focused on planning. Participating nonprofits are selected through a short proposal process.
Project applications must include:
- A clearly defined planning project for which you would like CRE’s assistance. The project must:
- Address a challenge that, if solved, will address an organizational or program issue, and
- Be able to be completed between September and December 2022.
Applicant organizations must:
- Have BIPOC executive/senior leadership and/or Board leadership.
- Be working to meet a clear community need in the work to fight poverty, promote equity, or expand opportunity
- Be headquartered in and do work in one or multiple New York City boroughs
- Have an operating budget between $100,000 – $1.5 million
- Be a registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization
If selected, applicant organizations commit to:
- Appoint a staff member who can spearhead and coordinate the work involved and commit additional internal resources as needed
- Mobilize and leverage support from your board and leadership team to take on and support the project, as well as execute any follow-up work required for successful implementation
- Dedicate internal resources (e.g. staff time) to support this project over a period of three months between September and December 2022
- During this time period, the CRE team will be providing: (1) a launch meeting, (2) two 2-hour planning sessions, and (3) light data collection
- Appear on CRE’s website, at special events, in printed materials, and in funding reports, as applicable
In this engagement, CRE commits to:
- Uphold our values of collaboration, DEIA, accountability and excellence, reflective practice, power of change, and courage
- Uphold the dignity of client relationships and preserve the integrity of client engagements.=
- Honor the confidentiality of data gathered and information shared during our work together
- Approach our work together as a partnership
- Achieve the outcomes and deliverables agreed upon
- Applications are due by 11:59 pm on Monday, August 15, 2022
- Select applicants will be chosen for an interview with CRE’s Selection Committee to be scheduled between Thursday, August 18 and Friday, August 26, 2022.
- Awardees will be selected and notified by Wednesday, August 31, 2022
- Awardees will agree to appear on CRE’s website, at special events, in printed materials, and in funding reports
Please email all questions and inquiries to email@example.com