New Managers Institute
Set up your leadership journey for success.
Join fellow emerging nonprofit leaders at CRE’s New Managers Institute (NMI). In this certificate cohort program, you will learn how to effectively manage your direct report(s) and your supervisor(s). Through individual coaching, peer support, and workshops, you will strengthen your specific leadership style and learn how to harness it in your workplace.
This program will take place over the course of eight (8) interactive sessions and one (1) individual coaching session. All sessions will be hybrid — a combination of in-person sessions, as well as virtual sessions via Zoom. (Please kindly note that depending on the state of public health crises, the in-person sessions may be held virtually instead.)
What You’ll Experience
▪ Discovering the Self: Deepen your understanding of your strengths and how to harness them as a manager. Through the self-assessment tool, Everything DiSC®, you’ll discover your strengths and learn how to connect better with people whose priorities and preferences differ from yours.
▪ Coaching: Unlock your wisdom as a leader. Through a one-on-one conversation with a CRE Coach, you will review your DiSC assessment results and identify how to apply the DiSC insights into your work. Many of our coaches are certified in healing-centered coaching from Blooming Willow Coaching and the International Coaching Federation.
▪ Issue Discussions: Participants will engage in four large-group sessions with no more than 25 participants, including topics from the successful transition to being a supervisor and managing workplace relationships, to delegating effectively and leading with authenticity. At the end of each session, participants will detail concrete steps they can integrate and apply their learning.
▪ Peer Support: In small groups, participants will reflect on learnings from Issue Discussions and engage in peer problem-solving and support to accelerate learning and integration into day-to-day work at their organizations.
▪ Networking: Connect with fellow nonprofit professionals at community-building activities and gatherings held throughout the program.
What You’ll Learn
▪ Gain an increased understanding of the role of a manager
▪ Strengthen your knowledge of management-related frameworks and strategies, including:
______▪ How to set goals
______▪ How to delegate
______▪ How to give and receive feedback
______▪ How to manage up
▪ Grapple with different managerial challenges through peer support and feedback
▪ Understand your strengths and how to leverage them to become a more effective manager
▪ Forge connections with fellow emerging leaders across the sector
Who Should Apply
▪ High-potential new managers, ideally with less than three years of managerial experience
New Managers Institute – Schedule
DYCD Grantees Only
This program is generously funded by the Department of Youth and Community Development (DYCD) and is offered at no cost to current DYCD Grantees who are accepted.
▪ Tuesday, October 25, 2022 at 10am – 2pm ET — In-person
▪ Tuesday, November 15, 2022 at 10am – 2pm ET — In-person
▪ Tuesday, November 29, 2022 at 10am – 2pm ET — Virtual
▪ Tuesday, December 13, 2022 at 10am – 2pm ET — In-person
▪ Tuesday, January 10, 2023 at 10am – 2pm ET — Virtual
▪ Tuesday, January 24, 2023 at 10am – 2pm ET — In-person
▪ Tuesday, February 7, 2023 at 10am – 2pm ET — Virtual
▪ Tuesday, February 28, 2023 at 10am – 2pm ET — In-person
Not a DYCD Grantee? The application for the New Managers Institute will be available for all applicants in January 2023.
Review our page of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs). Otherwise, please contact Genesis Galva at email@example.com.